- Strain and temperature data from piston crowns during operation
- Ideal for piston head development, testing and diagnostics
- Compact, High-Temperature electronics fit within piston crown
- Wire-free, inductively coupled power and data transmission
- High Performance Data Processing and Comms
The Instrumentel Piston Telemetry System is a cost-effective electronic data acquisition and processing unit designed specifically for the testing and diagnostics of moving pistons in internal combustion engines.
The system acquires and processes real-time, critical operating data such as temperature and strain from components within a working engine, usually from the back surface of the piston crown, during operation. Variations of the PTS have to date been successfully applied to monitoring piston head and valve head temperatures in high performance motorsport engines, but it is equally applicable to commercial and consumer diesel and petrol engines